Making a statement regarding the latest situation of the pandemic, the Healthcare workers of the Communist Party of Turkey (TKP) announced a 5-item emergency request list.
The statement said, "We call on the healthcare workers to organize networks of solidarity and communication networks against the pandemic in hospitals in order to follow up all these demands and claim our rights,"
They stated their urgent requests
Health services in Turkey is on the verge of a deadlock.
The political power has focused on solving problems only at the scale of certain hospitals, rather than central planning in the management of the pandemic. This has led to the uneven distribution of the burden of the pandemic in the health system, and to an almost complete lockdown of critical departments such as emergency services and intensive care units that are not related with the pandemic. The approach of the Ministry on this issue is scandalous: As health workers are depleted, drained and exhausted, they are replaced with new ones! This approach is no way acceptable.
In order not to lose more citizens and health workers, we present our following urgent demands to the public on behalf of health workers.
1. Until control is achieved in the pandemic, the routine working order should be abandoned and transition to a central planning in the health field should be realised covering all healthcare workers for a new working order that will minimize exposure to the virus.
2. Urgent physical arrangements should be made that will immediately terminate the follow-up and treatment of patients who are under improper intensive care conditions.
3. Permanent health personnel should be briskly recruited to public health institutions.
4. Full implementation of the isolation processes of healthcare workers diagnosed with Covid-19 should be ensured, and there should be no wage cuts during periods of absence.
5. Instead of the supplementary payment application which increases inequality among healthcare workers, a compensation wages should be adopted where all healthcare workers can live humanely.
We call on health workers to organize networks of solidarity and communication networks against the pandemic in hospitals in order to follow up all these demands and protect our rights.