Convened on August 9, the 13th Congress of the Communist Party of Turkey (TKP) adopted a resolution with regards to proletarian internationalism.
"Communist Party of Turkey will strengthen her relationship with fraternal peoples based on internationalism in order to achieve peace in our region," states the 16th Resolution of the 13th Congress. The full resolution is as follows:
Proletarian internationalism is our compass
Militarist, chauvinist and expansionist policies of the AKP government, as a component of its Neo-Ottomanist strategy, resulted in significant devastation and destruction in a wide region and particularly in Syria. On the other hand, even if the capitalist class and imperialist forces would choose to move forward with a political actor other than the AKP government, which is currently facing significant obstacles, there is no foreseeable indicator that the bourgeoisie of Turkey may adopt a more peaceful, friendly and solidarity-based foreign policy in the region.
Currently, our region, Aegean Sea and East Mediterranean in particular, has become a center of continuous tensions due to the opportunist foreign policy of AKP and internal dynamics of imperialism. “International Law” is commonly referred to in debates regarding this issue. It shall not be expected for two or multi-sided agreements signed among countries in which bourgeoisie forces are in power to contribute to the interests of the working people, completely nor even partially.
From this perspective, a sort of “agreement fetishism” for the solution of international problems has the potential to be misleading for communist parties. On the other hand, any agreements or interventions to be made without taking into consideration the current borders of the countries will jeopardize the sovereignty rights and independence of the countries, and most significantly, these kind of provocations will end up in greater bloodshed.
1. Communist Party of Turkey, acts with the consciousness that the disputes related to current borders of the countries or the historical agreements that determined these borders will serve the interests of imperialism. Also, it is clear that any attempt from imperialist actors related to international relations between countries will not help the just or peaceful solutions of problems and will not be in favor of the people.
2. It is impossible to resolve these issues in favor of peoples as long as use of land and sea-based resources is determined by the competition among monopolies. TKP advocates that the use of these resources shall be determined according to the needs of the people, on scientific basis via efficient central planning.
3. Although foreign investments of Turkish capitalists, particularly those in the Middle East, Africa and former Soviet-region, is existential for them, these investments create relentless exploitation conditions for our class brothers and sisters. The joint struggle of the local and Turkish-origin workers in the mentioned countries against the exploitation of Turkey’s capitalist class shall be seen as integral for the international class struggle. This will also mean fostering collaboration with communist and workers’ parties in other countries on actual workplace struggles.
4. Communist Party of Turkey will strengthen her relationship with fraternal peoples based on internationalism in order to achieve peace in our region. Another dimension to this issue is to make internationalist solidarity between the communists of the region countries a determinant factor in case of a possible revolutionary situation in the region. Communist Party of Turkey declares that, while continuing our political and organizational activities for the goal of revolution in Turkey, we clearly address that in case a revolutionary situation arises in the region, we will provide our full support to it.
5. Proletarian internationalism is the main principle of international relations of TKP. Our Party has had a period in which we strengthened our joint efforts in European Communist Initiative, International Communist Review, International Meeting of Communist and Workers’ Parties and the international collaboration in working class struggles. The International Relations Bureau, as well as other organs of the Party will increasingly continue these efforts.