The Communist Party of Turkey (TKP) has been sharing statements for the nationalization of privatized sectors such as energy, health, and construction amidst the increasing cost of living in Turkey. Another list of demands has been raised also for the mining industry.
TKP urged to all activities and plants for searching, exploitation, and enrichment of mines should be nationalized at no charge, and all resources should be restructured by centralization to fit for planned industrialization.
The complete statement is as follows:
1. To create a planning-oriented mining policy based on scientific data, aiming to use the natural resources in our country efficiently following public health and environment
2. To end the exploitation of mines that are given to multinational companies by using wild methods with the motive of profit; to operate our mines for the interests of the society,
3.To make a planned industrial move to produce semi-finished and finished products, transforming precious metals into end products by ending their export only as raw materials,
4. To establish a mining industry with high engineering quality and capable of value-added production, instead of an unplanned and uncontrolled mining industry focused on supplying raw materials to the construction industry,
5. With comprehensive planning considering all related sectors, to ensure raw material supply security, to reduce foreign dependency, to provide low-cost and high-quality input to the domestic industry,
6. For the mine basins to be operated by taking into consideration the agricultural and industrial production, water resources, forest existence, and public health in the region,
7. For miners to receive full vocational education and to work in healthy and safe conditions that are decent to human dignity,
8. For the closure, rehabilitation, and recultivation activities of mines to be carried out completely within the framework of environmental measures,
9. To localize the machinery and equipment needed in mining activities, to carry out research and development activities for the development of efficient, public health and environmentally compatible advanced technologies,
10. To stop condemning institutions with decades of experience to inertia with the privatization and marketization moves; to establish a public administration based on scientific foundations in the mining sector,
the search of mines, all related to the exploitation and processing facilities and activities are free of charge should NATIONALIZED, centralizing all existing backlog of planning in this area should be suitably restructuring.